Dance Forum receives funding
Dance Forum has received funding from the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund (NLDTF) to host a series of Residency programmes.
Starting at the end of March 2015 and running until mid-November 2015, the residency programme will offer choreographers a space, for a period of up to six weeks, where they will be able to create a new work.
The Residency programme will offer choreographers the following:
– the use of the venue, The Dance Space, Newtown, Johannesburg, for a period of up to six weeks, where the resident artist can create a new work
– assistance on all levels, music and administration; and (depending on the outcome) the work will be presented at a space in Johannesburg
– a fee of R10 000
– airfares and accommodation for two choreographers from outside Gauteng
– fees for dancers (maximum 10 dancers per choreographer) per residency
– per diems
Dance Forum will require the following from the resident choreographer:
– a weekly Open class to be facilitated at the Dance Space during the residency
– a showing of the outcome of the residency at a space in Johannesburg
– a Face to Face conversation after the showing
– a full report-back of the process after the residency
Applications for the Residency are open to professional South African choreographers and the work must be of a minimum of 30 minutes to one hour.